Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Mayor Emanuel & Adele

From this morning's RAMP Newsletter. I missed this interview, but it sounds interesting...

A grateful Emanuel appeared on the mighty WXRT/Chicago yesterday morning with Terri Hemmert, where he revealed that he regularly uses Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" as musical motivation during his rigorous triathlon-training regimen. During the pre-dawn hours on Sunday, while on his way to the event, Emanuel experienced a musical epiphany, which he described to Hemmert. "At 4:40am, 'XRT is playing Adele's 'Rolling in the Deep,' and we do what my security and I call 'the blowup' -- the windows and sunroof go open, we crank it up, and we sing along with Adele. It was a moment of fate for me," Emanuel said to Hemmert, who retorted, "I would have paid money to see that." Fueled by the awesome power of Adele, Emanuel finished the sprint distance of the race in one hour and 36 minutes, coming in ninth out of 80 competitors in his age group. "Would you have made it in the top 10 if it hadn't been for 'XRT playing Adele?" Hemmert asked the mayor. "No, I would have been in the bottom 10," Emanuel replied.

If you haven't heard the song, here it is...