Hank Williams Jr. was appearing on the Obama-hating show Fox & Friends when he said something that was so over the top, even three people that spend hours every morning ripping every conceivable thing the president says or does stopped Hank Jr. and said: "Whoa."
After the segment Gretchen Carlson even said: "I just want to say that we disavow any of those comments or analogies that he’s made, at least I’m going to say that, disavow the analogy between Hitler and the president."
(Full details are here)
I'm sure country music radio will treat him exactly the way they treated the Dixie Chicks for saying they were embarrassed to be from the same state as President Bush. I realize that was far more outrageous than comparing Obama to Hitler, I mean using an outrageously loaded term like "embarrassed" still makes me blush, but I'm confident we should be seeing the same sort of reaction this time: record burning parties, nationwide banning of his music on the radio, and threats of firing anyone that dares play anything he ever recorded, no matter how benign.*
Right?
*For those of you that don't understand my sarcasm, I'm not actually hoping that Hank Williams gets treated that way. I think it's sufficient to point out he's an idiot, and move on. I'm merely pointing out again how incredibly stupid the reaction was to the Dixie Chicks situation. I'll never, ever, ever understand it.
