Sunday, October 17, 2010

Justin Bieber to Virtually Host EMAs

(NEW YORK) -- Justin Bieber sings, dances and writes books, and now he's showing off a previously unheralded talent: rapping. Bieber posted a video on Twitter that features him busting out a freestyle rap that he calls "Speaking in Tongues," because he's rapping over a song called "Speaking in Tungs" by Cam'ron and Vado. A note posted under the video states that Bieber's "alter ego rap name" is Shawty Mane.

In his rap, he mentions his hairstyle several times and also gives a shout-out to Lady Gaga. At the end, he stops rapping and says in his speaking voice, "I'm Justin Bieber. You guys might know me as the guy who sings 'Baby.' I'm a pop singer. I'm white. But I just wanted to do this to prove that I got skills on the rap game."

In other news, it's been announced that Bieber will be the "online host" for the MTV European Music Awards, which are taking place Nov. 7 in Madrid, Spain. Since he's the online host, Bieber won't actually have to go to Madrid. Instead, he'll be tweeting and interacting live with fans at MTVEMA.com.

In a statement, Bieber said, "I'm so excited to have all my fans come and watch the show with me online. It'll be like one giant, global viewing party at my house!"

The show will be streaming live at MTVEMA.com and on Facebook starting at 9 p.m. Central European Time. The stream won't work for U.K. residents, though.


wapi1070