Tuesday, October 19, 2010

‘I’m Going To Give Justin Bieber His First Number 1′

You probably know Sean as the man behind the music, but this Atlanta-based hit maker is getting back in front of the mic, and he just dropped his brand new single TODAY!

Sean Garrett isn’t called “The Pen” for nothing. Jay-Z who actually coined the term, signed the Atlanta native to his Roc Nation/ Columbia Records label, and Sean just announced it Oct. 18, on Eminem’s Shade 45 Sirius/XM radio channel. As soon as he debuted his new single “She Geeked” featuring Ludacris, Twista, and Busta Rhymes, this morning, the music mogul stopped by HollywoodLife.com to discuss his whirlwind life and even Justin Bieber!
“Justin’s a superstar. I knew he was a superstar before his record even came out,” says Sean, who is currently working with Justin on his new album. “He’s just really charming, and talented — his voice is dope!”

Quick music lesson, Sean is responsible for hits like Beyonce’s “Check On It,” Chris Brown’s “Run It,” and Ciara’s “Goodies!” But now that he’s working with the Biebs he says he’s going to give Justin his first number one hit!

“My job is to give him a number one record. All I can tell you is I’m droppin number ones for Justin, artists ain’t going to waste their time and money on anything that can’t win!”

You’re about to become obsessed with Sean’s new single, but he says there’s still a lot more to come.

“I don’t want to sound too sure of myself, but we’re not even at the top of the ladder yet. There’s so much more of me that I have to show the world I’m really happy to be a part of my generation. I always saw myself as someone who would be a legend in music.”

Well, a legend is what he is. Ladies, in case you’re wondering, yes Sean is single! Check back later for our in depth video interview with the music producer, and you can’t find out his ideal girl!


hollywoodlife